Method: Learn French efficiently
Three conditions of the efficient French learning process
1.French student: center of the learning process
Every student is unique
We believe each student is unique. Everyone has his own speed of learning, his own level of experience, his own needs and his own motivation for learning French. After identifying our student’s specific environment, we start the learning process.
Each hour will be structured to achieve the best result and progress for the student within his learning abilities. Texts, exercises, audio, video, and media apps will be utilized to facilitate the learning/teaching process. We find out student’s preferences, what he enjoys more and responds better during the class.
Every student is within a global level
My French teacher’s teaching methodology is based on the European framework of reference for Languages. It allows us to identify the student’s level from a larger perspective. Further, the progress and the work of the student is evaluated according this European reference level.
If a student stops for few years and get back in French classes later on, he will have references to start his learning again at the right level.
Plus, by reaching the different stage of the European framework level, student will be able to see and identify himself on a global scale. It is always relevant to be aware of his own level compared to a global worldwide perspective.
European framework of Reference for Languages
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Introduce themselves and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people they know and things they have.
- Interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- Understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
- Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Deal with most situations likely to arise while traveling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- Understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in their field of specialization.
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Understand a wide range of demanding, longer clauses, and recognize implicit meaning.
- Express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- Understand with ease virtually everything heard or read.
- Summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation.
- Express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations.
2.Each class centered on an efficient system
The weekly 1 hour sessions are tailor-made to ensure continuous improvement.
Plus, we endeavor to follow a certain routine and class structure similar to previous classes in order to create a more comfortable and familiar environment putting student more at ease to maximize their progress.
1/ French Vocabulary
New words learnt with reference to real situations in order to put them in context, for better understanding.
2/ French Grammatical rules
French is full of rules and exceptions, we aim to classify and compartmentalize them to help understand them in a more logical manner.
3/ French Phonétique of the words and combination of letters
Audio and video tools are used to grasp the correct sound on the right letters.
4/ Beyond the word: French culture
We will always make the link between the class’s topic and the real daily lifestyle in France.
5/ Homework and help during the week
Homework for the week after will be provided on our online platform.
3.Follow-up beyond the class
At home, at your office, in the MTR, in a coffee shop, My French Teacher is always with you. Our classes, video, audio, are right there in your pocket on the phone, your tablet, your com
puter. Giving you the flexibility to practice, keep studying and learning anytime anywhere.
Our teachers are always available and will stay connected if students have any question or need any help during the week.
You have a question, you need a feedback on the lesson, we are open 24h!
Beyond the 1 hour a week lesson, your teacher keeps in touch with you through our media app. We keep you informed of special French events, language and cultural experiences.